This page sets out the terms that you must abide by when using our website at cottagesure.co.uk (our site), whether as a guest or registered user.
Our site operated by Arthur J Gallagher Insurance Brokers Limited (“Gallagher”). Arthur J. Gallagher Insurance Brokers Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered Office: Spectrum Building, 7th Floor, 55 Blythswood Street, Glasgow, G2 7AT. Registered in Scotland. Company Number: SC108909. www.ajg.com/uk
1. Accessing Our Site
Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our site, or our entire site, to users who have registered with us.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
- not to interfere or disrupt our site or any networks connected to our site;
- not to use any device, software or routine or attempt to interfere with the proper functioning of our site or any transactions being offered at our site;
- not to use our site to collect or harvest personal information, including, without limitation, financial information, about other participants at our site;
- not to impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- not to take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our site's infrastructure;
- not to use our site to upload or distribute in any way files that contain viruses, bugs, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of computer hardware or software; and
- not to post any misleading, fraudulent, defamatory, obscene or otherwise illegal information on our site. You agree not to use the services available on our site for illegal purposes, and to comply with all regulations, policies and procedures of networks connected to our site.
3. Intellectual Property
All information and material including data, images, text and audio on our site is the property of Gallagher or its licensors and is subject to copyright. All trade marks on our site are the property of Gallagher or its licensors. You are entitled to view, copy and print any documents from our site but only for your own internal business purposes. Any sale, transmission or redistribution of our site or its content, and any copying, modification or other use of our site or its contents for any purposes other than your own internal business purposes, are strictly prohibited.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
If you print off, copy or download any part of our site in breach of these terms, your right to use our site will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
4. Reliance on Information Posted
Commentary and other materials posted on our site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
All software used on our site is the property of Gallagher or its software suppliers. Other than to the extent permitted by law, you may not decompile, reverse engineer or otherwise translate such software.
6. Links from our site
You acknowledge that our site may contain links to other website, over which we have no control. You further acknowledge and agree that Gallagher will not be responsible, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any information, goods or services available on or through any such site. If you access any third party website through a link from our site you do entirely at your own risk.
7. Links to our site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
If you wish to make any use of material on our site other than that set out above, please address your request to email@example.com.
8. Viruses, Hacking and other Offences
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
9. No Warranties
Without limiting the foregoing, Gallagher does not make any warranty that:
- the services offered on our site will meet your requirements;
- the services offered on our site will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free;
- the results that may be obtained from the use of the services will be accurate or reliable;
- the content or information available on our site is complete, accurate or available; or
- the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the services will meet your expectations. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from Gallagher or through our site shall create any warranty not expressly made herein.
10. Limited Liability
Gallagher and its shareholders/affiliates shall not be liable for any loss of business, loss of use or of data, interruption of business, lost profits or goodwill, or indirect, special, incidental, exemplary or consequential damages of any kind arising out of these terms, even if they have been advised of the possibility of such loss and whether or not they had any knowledge, actual or constructive, that such damages might be incurred. This exclusion includes, without limitation, any liability that may arise out of third-party claims against you. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of, or related to, use of the services provided on our site or these terms must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred. In the case of vendors of services, you further agree if you become entitled to any recovery, that your recovery shall be limited to the amount of fees or payments you made Gallagher within the six-month period prior to the event or action giving rise to such loss. Nothing in these terms excludes a party's liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence.
You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Gallagher and its shareholders, affiliates, employees, agents, successors, officers, and assigns, from any suits, losses, claims, demands, liabilities, costs and expenses (including legal and accounting fees) that they may sustain or incur arising from:
- your use of the software available at our site;
- your failure to comply with any applicable laws and regulations or to obtain any licences or approvals from the appropriate government agencies necessary to purchase or sell the subject services;
- your use of the content available on our site in any way contrary to these terms;
- your breach of any of your representations, warranties or obligations set forth in these terms;
- the sale or purchase, or purported sale or purchase, of services by you, or any loss suffered by or harm to any person or property in any way relating to or caused in whole or in part by the services sold or purchased by you (including to the extent permissible by law, without limitation, any personal injuries or death of any third person caused in whole or in part by such services);
- any taxes attributable to the services or due on the purchase or sale of the services;
- any dispute between you and a vendor or a buyer of services arising out of a transaction initiated on our site; or
- alleged errors or omissions or misrepresentations in the information provided by you to Gallagher hereunder or in the listings of services on our site. You agree not to settle any action, claim or demand on our behalf without our prior written consent. Gallagher shall have the right to conduct any litigation, with counsel of its choice, at your expense.
You acknowledge that Gallagher or its designees reserves the right to, and may from time to time, monitor any and all activity or information transmitted or received through our site. During monitoring, information may be examined, recorded, copied, and used for authorised purposes. Use of our site, authorised or unauthorised, constitutes consent to such monitoring.
13. Provision of Data
- convert such information into digital format such that it can be read, utilised and displayed by Gallagher computers or any other technology currently in existence or hereafter developed capable of utilising digital information;
- use, reproduce, modify, display, market, publish, distribute, and transmit the information in connection with operating, demonstrating, or marketing our site or Gallagher services; and
You agree that Gallagher may, in its sole discretion, deny you access to our site and disable any user name and password associated with you for any reason, including, without limitation, if Gallagher believes in its sole discretion that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of these terms. Gallagher reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the services offered under our site (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that Gallagher shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the services offered under our site. Notwithstanding termination of these terms, paragraphs 9 (No Warranties), 10 (Limited Liability),11(Indemnity), 14 (Termination) and 15 (General) shall survive its termination and shall continue in full force and effect.
Our site has been created and controlled by Gallagher in the United Kingdom and the laws of England and Wales govern these terms and you and Arthur J Gallagher Insurance Brokers Limited agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Any waiver of any right or provision of these terms will be effective only if signed by Gallagher and the failure of Gallagher to exercise or enforce any term or condition shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
If any provision of these terms is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavour to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of these terms shall remain in full force and effect.
Gallagher reserves the right to make changes to this Site and these terms at any time. We recommend that you review the terms on a regular basis in case they have been amended.
Gallagher reserves the right to refuse to list or to discontinue the listing of any services as it may choose in its sole discretion and without notice. Without limiting the generality of its right to exclude or discontinue the listing of services, Gallagher may, in its sole discretion, exclude services from our site if they are believed not to meet applicable industry standards or if Gallagher receives complaints from users of our site regarding listed services.
The rights and limitations in these terms are for the benefit of Gallagher and a person who is not a party to these terms has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any of these terms.
You are not permitted to assign any of your rights under these terms without the prior written consent of Gallagher.
You may not issue press release or make any public statement regarding your use or participation in our site without the prior written permission of Gallagher.
You and Gallagher are independent contractors, and no agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchisor-franchisee relationship between you and Gallagher is intended or created by these terms.
16. Your Concerns
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for visiting our site.